Under the trend of rapid update of PV technology and grid parity, efficiency improvement and cost reduction have become the core development goal of PV industry. Heterojunction(HJT) solar cell has the advantages of high conversion efficiency, simple manufacturing process, thin silicon wafer application, low temperature coefficient, no LID and PID, and bifacial power generation. It is regarded as the next generation ultra-efficient cell technology with the most industrial potential. At present, the highest efficiency of HJT cell has reached 26.63%, and the mass production efficiency has exceeded 24%.
In addition to Panasonic has achieved mass production of HJT, domestic companies such as Jinneng, Hanergy, GS-Solar and CIE Power also have mass production capabilities, and new companies such as Tongwei, Akcome, and Caihong have also announced the construction in GW-level HJT projects. The key to achieving low-cost mass production of HJT cells is the localization of equipment, improved yield and productivity, and reducing costs for wafers, low-temperature silver paste, TCO targets, cleaning and texturing chemicals.
Similar to HJT cells, thin film power generation technology represented by CIGS, GdTe, GaAs, perovskite, etc. is also widely concerned, the highest efficiency are all exceeding 22%, which can be widely used in Building Integrated PV (BIPV), mobile energy products and many other fields. Among them, CIGS and GdTe have achieved mass production, representing by Hanergy, First Solar and Solar Frontier. In addition, CHN Energy, China National Building Materials (CNBM) and other strength companies are also vigorously plus CIGS technology.
Although perovskite thin-film cell has not yet been commercialized, the laboratory efficiency has reached new highs in recent years, and the highest efficiency has reached 23.7%, which has great development potential. The manufacturing cost of perovskite modules has a principle advantage over crystalline silicon modules, and the main challenges in the commercialization process are stability and large size preparation. From the long-term development perspective, HJT, perovskite, CIGS, etc. are suitable for future tandem cells, which can make solar cell efficiency exceed 30%, and the future can be expected.
Heterojunction & Thin Film Solar Cell Forum 2019 will be held on May 7-8 in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. The upcoming conference will discuss the PV industry outlook and HJT and thin film cell market, HJT cell key equipment and process optimization, HJT cell mass production efficiency improvement and cost reduction potential, HJT cell in double-glass bifacial, MBB and shingled modules application, CIGS, GdTe and GaAs thin film technology development status and key equipment localization, perovskite cell manufacturing process and commercialization challenge, thin film power generation application analysis and BIPV market potential. The conference will also arrange to visit the Tongwei latest smart factory and Zhongwei Solar HJT factory; as well as Hanergy Chengdu HJT solar cell factory.
1. PV industry outlook and HJT and thin film cell market analysis
2. N-type silicon wafer quality improvement, thinning & cost reduction prospect
3. Key technologies of HJT cells - cleaning and texturing, a-Si film and TCO film deposition
4. Advanced metallization process and conductive paste for HJT cells
5. Localization of key equipment and consumables for HJT cells
6. HJT cell mass production efficiency improvement and cost reduction potential
7. HJT and IBC combined application - HBC technology prospect
8. Application of HJT cell in double-glass bifacial, MBB and shingled modules
9. HJT bifacial module real power generation benefits and economic advantages
10. CIGS, GdTe and GaAs thin film technology current status and development prospects
11. Thin film solar cell mass production and key equipment localization
12. Perovskite cell manufacturing process and cost reduction path
13. Key to the industrialization of perovskite cell: stability and large size preparation
14. Perovskite/Si tandem cell key processes and commercialization prospects
15. Thin film power generation application analysis and BIPV market potential
16. Onsite visit: Tongwei latest smart factory and Zhongwei Solar HJT factory; Hanergy Chengdu HJT solar cell factory （please notice that the visit to Hanergy is limited to 40 persons）
B. Conference Day：May 7-8, 2019
C. Conference Venue：Sofis Jinyuan Hotel
D. Registration Date：May 6, 2019 16:00 -21:00